Friday, April 20, 2012

My favorite band

Hi,

Today i am going to talk about my favorite band: “Heaven Shall Burn”.

It’s a “Metal-core” (or hardcore metal) band from Saalfeld, Germany, formed in 1996.

They combine an aggressive metal sound with lyrics that show a militant support of anti-racism and fighting social injustice. All members of the band are vegan.

The name of the band comes from a metaphor, because “heaven” is a kind of paradise that mankind created, but it doesn`t allow him to know the truth about poverty, injustice and evil that exist in this world.

My favorite song of this band is "the weapon they fear", because it’s dedicated to Victor Jara, when he was killed by the chilean military.


I hope your greetings!

2 comments:

  1. i had a HSB's dvd but i sold it :( , Great band bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angel, good job.

    The only thing I would say is about parallel structure, which means that in this sentence, " lyrics that show a militant support of anti-racism and fighting social injustice." you should have written: ".... militant support and social injustice fight".

    I´ll get back to you in class.

    2 points.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete